Saturday, September 11, 2010

An interesting analogy ....

So this blog was motivated by a colleague who I saw at the recent IIW-East here in DC. For weeks I have been thinking about some ideas, that will come up on the blog in the next few days, and he asked if I had a blog. Well yes I do - but my original blog was a personal endeavor (do you all really want to know how I did in my last 10K?) and not something to generate the types of discussion I am hoping this one will.

So as I am pulling this blog together I was thinking of layout and the whole idea of the discussion.... what are we talking about when we talk about identity? Well we do have times when we want to be totally anonymous ... look like everyone else. There are times when we want to stand out in the crowd ... part of a specific community. Then there are times we need to be known ... an unequivocal "This is me!"... a coming out of the shell as it were.

Ergo ... the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging Gary!